This week’s Enterprise Studio events, opportunities and advice…
If you are a final year student and looking for graduate employment opportunities, don’t forget that Graduate Schemes, Training and Opportunities launch in September and will be advertised throughout your final year. Make sure you keep up-to-date with the latest opportunities and apply within the deadlines.
- Jaguar Landrover Design Creative graduate programme (Salary: £29,000+ Location: UK wide Deadline:14/12/18 ): https://www.gradcracker.com/hub/102/jaguar-land-rover/graduate-job/26388/design-creative-design-graduate-programme
- Jaguar Landrover Design studio modelling graduate scheme ( Salary: £29,000+ Location: UK wide Deadline: 14/ 12/ 18): https://www.gradcracker.com/hub/102/jaguar-land-rover/graduate-job/26389/design-studio-modelling-graduate-programme
- IBM technology graduate scheme (Salary: £30,000 location: Various UK Deadline: 31/12/18): https://targetjobs.co.uk/employer-hubs/ibm/749023-graduate-technology-roles
- Morrisons digital graduate Scheme ( salary: £27,000+ Location: various UK Deadline:19/11/18 ): https://www.graduate-jobs.com/job/morrisons-digital-graduate-scheme-99893
- Graduate acoustics engineer required (Salary: £25,000+ Location: Manchester Deadline: 28/10/19): https://www.gradcracker.com/hub/73/cundall/graduate-job/25487/graduate-acoustics-consultant
- ARUP Lighting designer/ engineer (Salary: Competitive Location: Various UK Deadline:18/11/18 ): https://www.gradcracker.com/hub/169/arup/graduate-job/26424/graduate-lighting-designer-engineer
In your 3rd year of study and interested in a graduate scheme? Did you know that many graduate employers run summer internship programmes… check out the current internship vacancies here: https://targetjobs.co.uk/internships
PAID INTERNSHIPS & VOLUNTEERING
Jaguar Landrover Product engineering CAD design internship (paid Location: West Midlands Deadline: 14/12/18): https://www.graduate-jobs.com/job/product-engineering-computer-aided-design-jaguar-land-rover-100003
IBM Extreme Blue 12 week summer internship programme for penultimate year students has opened (Paid Location Winchester Deadline: 15/10/18): https://targetjobs.co.uk/employer-hubs/ibm/749031-extreme-blue-12-week-summer-internship
Mondelez packaging and design internship (Paid Location: Bourneville (near Birmingham) Deadline: Ongoing): https://www.gradcracker.com/hub/378/mondelez-international/work-placement-internship/25476/packaging-and-design-internship
CREATIVE SECTOR NEWS + PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE + EVENTS
The Creative independent have a fantastic infographic on how to work with galleries and collectors an emergent artist: https://thecreativeindependent.com/guides/how-to-work-with-galleries-and-collectors-as-an-emerging-artist/
Fiona Chautard discussed the future of fast fashion in her Textile Scotland article: https://textilescotland.com/industry-news/6689749?platform=hootsuite
NEW!! Enterprise Studio has just published new career planning pages on Canvas see Enterprise Studio: Career Planning for details https://canvas.gsa.ac.uk
Austin Kleon’s blog discusses having a willingness to be bad: https://austinkleon.com/2018/09/20/a-willingness-to-be-bad/
GSA GRADUATES & CREATIVE BUSINESS
Free event with printing entrepreneur John Watson OBE http://www.johnwatsonobe.com/a-lifetime-in-printing/ 10th October 2018 Glasgow see link for event details and ticket: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/an-evening-with-john-watson-obe-tickets-47507925484
Scottish Institute for Enterprise will be launching their student competitions https://www.sie.ac.uk/competition/ soon, Get ahead of the rest by following them on social media: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/scottishinstituteforenterprise and Twitter: https://twitter.com/_sie_
This month the GSA Careers Service is reading…..: ‘Your inner critic is a big jerk’ Danielle Krysa 2017. Published by Chronicle Books.
Danielle Krysa, the Jealous Curator: http://www.thejealouscurator.com/blog/ offers loads of helpful advice on how to manage your inner critic. Copy available in the GSA Library.
You can make a careers appointment with the GSA Careers Service at any point of studies or as a graduate. Email email@example.com to book now.